[PD] [OT] New machine - sound hardware?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 5 10:21:27 CET 2008

morning Ed, morning all,

On 2008-02-04 21:54:51, Ed Kelly <morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk> appears to
have written:
> 2. What MIDI interface under Ubuntu? I have tried and tried again to
> get a Midisport 2x2 working with both the source code (both versions
> - 0.5 and 1.2) and the Ubuntu packages - no luck!
>
> 3. USB audio interface? I know this is a long shot...ALSA has never
> worked with PD on any computer I have owned.
>
> Searching the archives lead me to few emails, one success with
> freeBoB and an Edirol interface was the only optimism I found.

At the risk of re-iterating said optimism, I can only say that I am in
fact (still) quite happy with my Edirol UA-25 (USB): 2in (symmetric) /
2out (asymmetric) + MIDI, running debian unstable with a patched 2.6
kernel on an IBM/Lenovo T42 (which I bought about a year ago after my
laptop was stolen: you have my deepest most heartfelt sympathies).  Good
luck!

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology