[PD] Trying to figure out why video in Gem is running soooo slow

jim cinetron at passport.ca
Thu Feb 7 04:01:21 CET 2008

Thanks for the response Roman. It has been very helpful. I have an
Nvidia card. But yes I get the same results, when I frst create the Gem
window I only see a portion of the image . Thanks to your suggestion I
closed it and when I re-open it the full image is mapped onto the
rectangle and it runs much smoother. Very strange? By the way I get the
exact same results with pix_movie as pix_film. I'm getting the same
result with alea.mpg as with my video file. For some reason however with
my file pix_film doesn't know the length of the file , it keeps running
past the final frame. Perhaps mencoder didn't build the header
correctly? Thanks again for the help.
Jim