[PD] overall horrible performance in OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 9 18:21:13 CET 2008

I think the performance under load on Mac OS X isn't so bad.  But it
does use a lot of CPU on idle, for whatever reason.

There are somethings that can be done to make things run better on
Mac OS X.  For example, on Mac OS X and Windows, Pd uses double-
precision math functions while Pd only uses single-precision floats.
If Pd used the single-precision functions, then things would probably
use a bit less CPU.

.hc