[PD] searchpath inside patch

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Feb 11 15:43:50 CET 2008

Achim Bornhoeft wrote:
> Is there a possibility to put a statement (relative pathname) inside a
> patch where to look for additional abstractions, for example to search
> for abstractions inside a subfolder "abs" which is in the same directory
> than the patch itself.

You can use relative paths inside the object boxes, like [abs/aaaa] or
so.  I got tired of this quickly and keep all the patches for each
project in a flat directory.

I think recent Pd's have a system for adding paths in patches, but I've
never used that feature.  Also I don't know if [abs/aaaaa] would
conflict with Pd-extended's namespace system, not using Pd-extended myself.

> Thanks for help,
> Achim

Claude
--