[PD] Phasor Driven Midi File Playback?

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 20:55:12 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to incorporate synched looped midi file playback into a system of tabread looping players. So far I've been using xeq but recently discovered seq in the cyclone library.

I can kinda get xeq to work but it involves me cheating the tempo of the file playback, banging a sync point at the start of every audio loop and I'm getting quite confused with the different xeq objects (the documentation has been down for a number of years)...

Is there a more graceful way of doing this like I do with the phasor/tabread audio? I see that seq has a 'goto' command with seconds and milliseconds, if I fed that with my audio phasor would the midi loops play in sync with the audio loops?

Cheers, as always, for your time.

John.