[PD] kraftpad/ddr_pad patch

tim info at timvets.net
Tue Feb 12 10:20:21 CET 2008

Noah Walcutt wrote:
> This is my first PD project, thanks to Dave Merrill for the starter
> patch and inspiration.
>
> *If this patch already exists online please refer me to where I can
> find it.*
>
> 1)  Here is what I'm trying to do:
>
> --Create a patch for Dave Merrill's "DDR-style musical instrument.
> <http://www.instructables.com/id/DDR-style-musical-instrument/>"  that
> will play notes from the cmajor scale when certain pads on the
> assembly are depressed.
> --Dave has already created a patch that interprets signals from the pad
> --I am trying to assign these (eight) signals to different oscillators
> so that when a pad is stepped is on one oscillator plays at a time.
>
> 2)  Here are the issues I'm having:
>
> --all of the oscillators output continuously when I turn the audio on
> --not all of the inlets in cmajorscale_phasor.pd appear to be working
> in my subpatch (ie I step on a pad and only 4 of the inlets show they
> have recieved a float)
>
> 3)  Attached is a patch of what I've come up with so far, as well as
> the other patches written by Dave Merrill.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi Noah,

just some remarks and ideas:
In your patch you had some double [inlet] objects right on top of each
other, so you had nearly double the inlets you needed, and only half of
those were connected.
In general, construct your patches top-to-bottom rather than left-to-right.
Place the inlets from left to right, because then you see clearly which
inlet gets what input from the parent patch.
Have a look at the [line~] objects' help file and also the combination
of it with [*~] to make envelopes (see doc/3.audio.examples/A03.line.pd
and A04.line2.pd).
There is no need to have several [dac~] objects. Best to have only one
and use [throw~] [catch~] or [s~] [r~] to send several signals to it.
I attached an adapted version of your cmajorscale patch.
hope this helps,

Tim