[PD] soundfiler alternative - realtime? (loading in background)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Tue Feb 12 13:01:54 CET 2008

Hi Georg,

I just tested it. You wrote "this is very experimental and may crash
your patch".
  ... and yes, it did!
Unfortunately when it doesn't crash the patch it also interupts audio.
BTW you should add the option of using the "-resize" in the load message
so you can use the same commands as for soundfiler without having to
change all the load messages when replacing "soundfiler" with
"sndfiler". I guess "sndfiler" should simply ignore "-resize".
Too bad, but it's not usable for me at the current state it is in. It's
simply too unstable.
I need something extremely stable as I am developing a hardware
instrument (sample player) that runs with pd. Anything unstable is
absolutely out of the question.
I guess I'll have to keep loading the patches as the get recalled
instead of loading in the background after the instrument stared playing
already.

Thanks anyway
Ingo