[PD] fixes in 0.41?

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:58:35 CET 2008

Hi,

Are there any changelogs (is this the correct word) listing added
features and especially bugfixes  of each PD release?

Particularly, I'd like to have a look at those of 0.40.2, 0.40.3 and 0.41.

I was going INSANE because some frustrating bug was suddenly rendering
months of my work completely useless and making me fear I would loose
my job.
(((example: you add a [print] or a [route] or a [whatever] to an
abstraction; you load a patch that uses hundreds of instances of that
abstraction and that always worked, and now it crashes PD on opening;
the funny thing is that I can guarantee 100% that the added object is
not even reached at loadbang so it crashes just because it exists;
reducing the total number of objects containing instances of the
abstraction fixed the problem with no good reason, so it was somewhat
a matter of quantity of existing things: some memory corruption I
guess;..... this is the kind of things that was driving me crazy)))

So I upgraded to 0.41 and to my surprise the problem seems to have disappeared.
At the beginning I was getting some crashes that I didn't get with the
very same patch with the previous version, but after some minor
changes that couldn't in any way be reasonably related, the new
crashes disappeared, so my patches are working again.

It would be of much much comfort to see a changelog that says something like:
"fixed some memory management issues that could cause PD to crash when

Otherwise, I live with the fear that one day, I add one more [table]
and everything stops working.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com