[PD] 0.40.1 look (fonts) in 0.41? Is it possible

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 12 14:36:29 CET 2008

matteo sisti sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I attach two screenshots of the same piece of GUI as it looked in 0.40
> and as it looks now in 0.41.
> Tastes are personal, but I don't really think anybody can honestly
> tell it looks better in the new version...

it's not a matter of "better" or "worse":
i cannot possibly imagine any way to make something look better, once
you have handcrafted your personal GUI.
afaik, the idea of the changes was to make the look more cross-platform;
this way, it should be possible that your layout (that took you ages)
will look good on other machines too (and not just yours).
obviously this change will come at some cost, because most of the old
layout will not be 100% compatible with the new layout - they will be
"similar" enough to keep it useable, though.

that's the good news.
the bad news is, that afair, this attempt has failed yet again on Pd-0.41.

fgmasdr.
IOhannes