[PD] 0.40.1 look (fonts) in 0.41? Is it possible

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 12 16:57:48 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 14:19 +0100, matteo sisti sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I mentioned in an earlier unrelated message, I have just upgraded
> to 0.41 and it seems it fixes some critical bugs that made my life a
> hell.
>
> Now, something has changed in how GUI texts look like.
> Probably it's just the font that is being used, I don't know if some
> more aspects are involved (spacings, sizes...).
>
> I make extensive use of GUI, and now my patches made with 0.40.1 look horrible.
>
> Is there any way in WINDOWS to configure PD to use the same font that
> was used by default in 0.40.1? Will it be enough to have the gui look
> the same as it before?
>
> I attach two screenshots of the same piece of GUI as it looked in 0.40
> and as it looks now in 0.41.
> Tastes are personal, but I don't really think anybody can honestly
> tell it looks better in the new version...

i have the impression, that it might be only a scaling issue. the
appearance of fonts in pd is still an issue and, afaik, currently in
focus to be fixed. that is probably why patches look different in
different versions of pd. i think, it would be best to _not_ rely any
particular appearance these days. once all those issues are fixed, it
should be possible to get the same appearance by using a different
fontsize.

roman