[PD] Saving Gem output as video file on MacOSX ?

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Wed Feb 13 03:14:09 CET 2008

I just recently started working with Pd/Gem.  I'm applying for a grant
to combine it with my main art form (choreography).  I need to send a
DVD of my experiments.  Is there a way to have Gem (or some accessory)
save a Gem patch's output in some video file format?  This would be
preferable to outputting it from the computer to external video (which I
also don't know how to do) because at the moment the only external video
I can output to anyway is VHS.

If there's no such thing in Gem/Pd, is there a way to do it in OSX 10.4?
  (I also only just started working with a Mac, so I have a lot to learn
there, too.)

Thanks.