[PD] Saving Gem output as video file on MacOSX ?

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Wed Feb 13 13:21:16 CET 2008

Le Wed, 13 Feb 2008 02:17:01 -0800,
"Jaime Oliver" <jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> pix_record was crashing constantly in osx 10.4.11 gem 0.91-cvs and
> pd-0.40-1powerbook ppc.there
> was a thread about it not that long ago. Maybe in gem-dev.
> best,

yes, there was a thread because the object pix_record from the CVS was broken (diditn record anything) but
IOhannes fixed it (thanks IOhannes! you saved my ass!)

There is still one bug, which is, the object crashes on the second recording.
The workaround I found is to add a demux in the gemchain and duplicate as many pix_record objects as needed. Can send the path if someone needs it.

This is it, as seen from the Linux side. Looks like it works great in PD-Extended 0.39-3.

The last time I tried to pix_record on OSX (on a Dual G5 running Panther, 2Go RAM) , I switched to Gem2pdp + pdp_rec because the Mac couldnt handle it in realtime for a 640x480 window and PDP made it (might be related to PDP multithread capability).

Bye

O.