[PD] [OT] FOSS audio tools

Pablo Martin caedes at sindominio.net
Wed Feb 13 19:03:01 CET 2008

Frank Barknecht escribió:
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>

> Uhm, while Blender certainly is great, you aren't seriously trying to
> tell me you really think its shortcuts are intuitive, are you?!? ;-)
> Someone who mastered Blender should have no problems with Ardour,
> given he invests about a tenth of the time to learn it.

Maybe mastering it will take less time that blender (as blender has so
many features), but i *really* think it's easier to get used to blender
initially (s, g, r, tab ;)). Not that it matters that much... It's
probably a matter of field of interest, but still, as a simple tool,
mostly everyone i know and cares a little can use blender to a certain
degree (for making small vj videos, or simple props for games), while
they can't use ardour (even though some would really like to learn).

Note i don't have anything special against ardour :), but your remark
deserved some kind of action ;).

Also, i don't imply that blender is perfect in the usability field at
all of course.

Anyways, lets better forget this happened XD, dont want no holy
usability war....

Cheers!!

 Pablo