[PD] Letter -> Number

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 13 19:56:26 CET 2008

Hallo,
David F. Place hat gesagt: // David F. Place wrote:

> Thanks.  I prefer to stick with vanilla Pd to make it easier to
> port.  Select will certainly work.  I have to translate 50 letters
> ('I' is never used as a rehearsal letter), so it is quite an ugly patch.

To make it more beautiful, you could use an abstraction "transl.pd" with these
objects inside:

  "route float"

  "select $1"

  "f $2"

then make a chain of these:

  "transl a 1"

  "transl b 2"

  "transl c 3"

I currently cannot type bracket and pipe symbols in my terminal, so
completing the patches above is left as an exercise for interested
readers. ;)

Ciao