[PD] Saving Gem output as video file on MacOSX ?

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Feb 13 21:39:40 CET 2008

marius schebella a écrit :
> another way to record your performances is to mirror your display and
> feed the output with a dv camera or some other device.
this will limit the quality.

> recording your actions is brilliant but a lot of effort during patching.
in fact, not so much effort.
specially if you use this abstractions.
you just have to insert a [rec_play_any data_name] on every connections you need to record.
then the [master_rec_play] allow you to record everything in a qlist, and play it latter in order to record sound/images.

this is known to gives good result.

the single magic line i use to create a movie is :

mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=256:aq=0  -audiofile rec_.wav -fps 50 -ss 0 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=5000 -vop scale=640:480  mf://*.jpg -o out.avi

cyrille