[PD] Midifile Object

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 19:26:07 CET 2008

hi martin/all,

sorry for buggin you about this again, but unfortunately i can't use your (or any) midi external
for my purpose if i can't get this to work.

the problem i'm having with midifile is this: i can't get midifile to read a .mid file that's in the
same folder as the pd patch by referring to it by it's short name only
i.e. without the full path c:/progra~1/etc/etc (which does work btw, thanks)

is there anyway to get this...

[read test.mid(

[midifile]

...to work?!

(where the midi file and pd patch are in the same folder of course)

basically i need to copy multiple instances of the patch and run it from lots of different folders
each referring to different midi files

again thanks a million in advance you've been more than helpful so far!