[PD] "Invalid public movie atom", was Re: Saving Gem output as video file on MacOSX ?

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Thu Feb 14 20:22:48 CET 2008

Roman Haefeli wrote:

 > without having any expertise in this field, i suggest to edit your mov
 > files with an hexeditor and change the value in the header of the
 > mov-file accordingly, so that it can be read by Quicktime.

Thanks.  Could you point me to good online info on file formats, so that
I know what to change?

 > the option of having to completely reinstall the operating system
 > because of some wrongly set bit in a few files seems really crazy :-(

I agree 100%.  It's the sort of hitting-a-fly-with-sledgehammer approach
that Windows tech support was always recommending.  I was disappointed
to find it recommended by Mac users (or possibly Mac support, I'm not
sure which).

-- Dudley