[PD] what libraries are included in 0.39-3? and how to install multiple externals?

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 05:02:42 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin McCoy <km.takewithyou at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 16, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] what libraries are included in 0.39-3? and how to
install multiple externals?
To: bryan eubanks <bryan.eubanks at gmail.com>

Yo b,

Are you on OS X, Win32, or Linux?  Almost every popular external,
unauthorized definitely, is included in Pd-ext .39-3.  To load a
library every time you start pd, go to File > Startup and you'll see
several rows where you can type the name of the lib you want to load
at startup.  For example to load sevy's "unauthorized" lib you would
type unauthorized, click "Save all settings" and the restart pd.  In
Pd's terminal window it will often say what libs are loaded if they
are programmed to give a shout-out on startup.

Finding out what is and isn't there is tricky, but if you tell us what
platform you're on it will be easy to explain.  In my experience the
only big thing that isn't there is Gridflow and some wilder stuff.

Also, you wouldn't happen to be the same Bryan Eubanks who made this
record: http://www.gmby.net/releases/gb100.html

Cause if so that stuff is really good and we should talk.
cheers
km

On Feb 16, 2008 6:36 PM, bryan eubanks <bryan.eubanks at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> I have been searching for a clear tutorial on external installation and
> haven't found one, if someone can point me to one, please do.
> my question regards what libraries are included in pd extended .39-3
> (looking for unauthorized in particular) and how do I load these at start up
> as well as how do I make a path to externals I have placed on my hard drive
> under /myexternals or something?
>  thanks

++++
http://art.sewanee.edu/mccoy