[PD] pd, windows & ubuntu

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 05:11:46 CET 2008

Does the sigpack library load when you specify it in the "Startup"
preferences?  The .pd_linux extension is just a pd external binary for
linux.  I have had problems like this before - try running pd with
verbose (pd -verbose from the terminal) and see what you get as far as
specific errors.  This can and will be fixed - it's probably something
simple :)

km

On Feb 16, 2008 8:48 PM, Joe Newlin <jtnewlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I was using .40-2. So I installed .39 extended, and solved one
> problem: objects had been resized and everything was a mess.
>
> That's okay now.
>
> But some objects are missing, e.g. decimate~ from extra/sigpack. The
> object is installed in /usr/lib/local/pd/extra/sigpack (with a
> .pd_linux extension - which leads me to wonder what this extension is,
> and why these objects have it) but pd can't create the object.
>
> Having similar trouble with other objects in different paths, although
> I have tried defining the paths in File menu and everything looks
> okay, but the objects aren't being created.
>
> I appreciate the help, thanks.
>

> On Feb 16, 2008 3:46 PM, Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > What specific error messages are you seeing?
> > Are objects missing? Have paths changed?
> >
> > Which versions are you using on the respective machines?
> > It could be more to do with that than the OS.
> >
> > Locate errors by reading the console and using
> > Edit->Find Last Error
> >

> > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:35:23 -0800
> > "Joe Newlin" <jtnewlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm new to both PD and Ubuntu.
> > >
> > > I've been mainly using PD on Windows XP, but I've been trying to use
> > > it on Ubuntu as well.
> > >
> > > I noticed that patches I've created on XP don't quite work correctly
> > > in Ubuntu. Why is this, and what can I do about it?
> > >
> > > Also, I'm having trouble getting PD in Ubuntu to locate abstractions,
> > > even after defining search paths.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Joe

> > --