[PD] pd/gem as vj mixer at win (Vadim Smahtin)

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:08:51 CET 2008

On 19 Feb 2008, at 12:06 AM, tim wrote:

> Sergi Lario wrote:
>>
>>     Hi. I trying to create 2 channel videomixer in pd/gem. And now
>> have 2
>>     questions- how i can make 2 gemwin's to use 1 as preview and
>> other as
>>     output, and second- how i can make file list or grid of images to
>>     preview my videofiles and then load it's to pix_film. Big thx.
>>

>> Hi.
>>
>> About multiple gemwin at same time: I don't know if it's possible,
>> but
>> it would be very useful.
>>
> Hi Sergi,
>
> I've done stuff with two gemwins by running pd 2 times and have the
> two
> instances communicate over OSC.
> It worked quite well.

a while ago there was a multiple-Gemwin version of Gem around - I
tried out the binary that was available and it worked fine (I think
on OSX but possibly Linux?) but I used the 2 pd method instead for my
project.

I don't know if it is possible for one pd to use textures or buffers
created in the other, that would make the preview idea work well with
two pd instances. Soon I want to try 2 camera views of the same 3D
space, I think that would be much easier in a single instance of pd
with two windows!

Is the multiple window patch still working? (preferably on Linux, but
also on OSX?)

Or is there a better way to try this?

simon