[PD] nqpoly4 mystery

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 19 07:14:29 CET 2008

Hi Andy,

I've had good luck with [polypoly], Frank Barknecht's enhancement of
[nqpoly] (it adds polyphonic voice management via PD's [poly] object).
Yes, it was a little tricky to get working, but it's a little less
finicky than [nqpoly], which, if you edit or otherwise touch it, won't
work correctly, due to object order problems.

It's been a while since I worked with it, so I can't remember the exact
pitfalls and solutions, but I have a little documentation, and a working
example, [polywavesynth], at
http://www.pkstonemusic.com/polyWaveSynth.html .

Let me know if I can explain anything from that page.

Phil