[PD] nqpoly4 mystery

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 19 09:39:26 CET 2008

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> Does anybody really understand nqpoly4~ ? :)
>
> I don't use it very often , but when I do it needs several goats sacrificing
> to make it work. Maybe I forgot to appease the right god or something this
> time, but I just keep getting
>
> $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $8 can't create
>
> According to the helpfile abstractions need to obey certain requirements.
>
> Does anyone know what these 'certain requirements" are, exactly..?

First requirement is: It has to be an abstraction that can be created.
Everything else is secondary. In your case, the symbol that is passed
as $1 does not name an abstraction name that Pd can find. Whatever you
pass as $1 has to be in your Pd path or next to nqpoly4.pd

It does not suffice if that $1 file is next to the patch, that you're
using [nqpoly4] in, as that cannot by found by nqpoly4.pd

Special voodoo magic X: Start your pd with "pd -path . mypatch.pd".

Ciao