[PD] zexy help (asked zexy but it crashes PD)

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:51:53 CET 2008

Hi,

I have just installed zexy because I need to truncate a symbol and I
thought I'd try that with symbol2list and list2symbol.

At first I thought that [symbol2list] and [list2symbol] would be
available as objects but it isn't so. So I thought it may be [zexy
symbol2list]...

I created a [zexy] object which appears with only one inlet and no
outlet, and a message on the PD output window appears saying "Send me
a 'help' message".

So I created a [help( message box, I connected it to the [zexy] object
and sent it... wasn't it what it meant?

This crashes PD.
Right-clicking on the [zexy] object and selecting "help" doesn't work
("sorry, couldn't find help patch for "zexy.pd").

I have PD-Vanilla (now not so vanilla any more) on Windows XP.

I followed the installation instructions and ran z_install.bat: it
copied zexy.dll to the "extra" directory, the help patches to
extra/help-zexy, and the abstractions (*.pd) directly into the extra
directory.
--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com