[PD] [PD-announce] Release of a new product: BluePD

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 02:26:57 CET 2008

This looks really nice, well done. It's a great looking IO unit,
with lots useful physical peripherals.

One question, why encrypt the firmware? It seems silly since
its written for board specific peripheral units, so nobody
is going to just lift it, they'd write their own.
Obviously the fw needs decrypting which slows things down.
It closes a development avenue that makes it unattractive to
a large part of your potential customer group.

What _would_ be a nice idea is to implement network encryption
so you could use this in a secure system, where it has great
potential (automatic doors, burglar alarms, entry systems).

Apart from these issues I can see this being a choice  for
educational and prototyping use, hard to compete with Ardunio
on cost, but it looks robust enough to be used with younger
age groups too.

Nice manual too.

a.

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:40:01 -0800 (PST)
Dinne Bosman <dwjbosman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> BluePD is a new product of Blue Melon which has been
> released in the BlueSense series of modules.
>
> BluePD introduces Pure Data to the world of physical
> computing. With BluePD you can design your program
> visually using the popular Pure Data package. BluePD
> is equipped with a powerfull minicomputer which can
> execute your patch. This allows BluePD to physically
> control your setup without any attached computer.
>
> BluePD has a special port to connect multiple
> BlueSense modules. Each BlueSense module allows the
> user to add switches, analog inputs, digital outputs,
> servo motors etc.
>
> Please visit our site for more information:
>
> http://www.bluemelon.org/index.php/Main_page/BlueSense
>
> Regards,
>
> Dinne Bosman
> www.bluemelon.org