[PD] pd/gem as vj mixer at win (Vadim Smahtin)

Olivier Heinry olivier at heinry.fr
Wed Feb 20 10:28:27 CET 2008

Le Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:55:28 -0500,
"patrick" <patrick at 11h11.com> a écrit :

> scenario : dual screen, 1280x1024 and 800x600 for your projection. you make
> a gemwin 1120 width, offset 960 and put your preview in the window that
> appear in your screen. never tried it myself since i never did a
> performance.

I woudlnt recommend that (gemwin overlapping two windows) at least on my laptop, Nvidia non-free Linux drivers,as I tried this  it slowed everything down: I guess it's because the laptop's flat panel and the VGA output dont have the same refresh rate and the X server messes evrything up

> http://wiki.dataflow.ws/PdMtlAbstractions

It rocks :-)

I've been using the two PD instances communicating over OSC way since a year now and It's fine. Never tried the mutiple Gemwin Gem lib though.

Bye,

O.