[PD] usb based dmx (and pd)

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:38:29 CET 2008

On 24 Feb 2008, at 11:12 AM, potax flan wrote:

> any of you using pd to control lights over dmx?
> i'm looking for a fast and reliable controller that i could use
> with pd.
> how about usb based ones?
> experiences? tips?

I have always had access to a lighting desk with midi input and used
that, it worked well but does mean setting up the desk and the patch
is very dependant on that particular desk.

Another project I know of used a USB device successfully:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-09/053975.html

there are plenty of other refs in the Pd-list archives

http://lists.puredata.info/search/PD-list?query=dmx
+control&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

simon