[PD] synchronised video outputs

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:43:25 CET 2008

hi

I need to have several video outputs that run in sync. A friend who
works in a art exhibition space told me there would be couple of
solutions for this but both involve buying pretty expensive equipment
like special DVD players.

I thought then that a solution for this issue could be to have several
computers on a local network playing video (with GEM) and synchronise
them via OSC. But I dont have any experience doing such a thing, never
used OSC for anything similar. Also I dont have a clue about how to
synchronise together videos.

Has anyone done anything similar? any experiences to share?

thanks!

enrike