[PD] synchronised video outputs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 25 12:12:53 CET 2008

altern wrote:
> hi
>
> I need to have several video outputs that run in sync. A friend who
> works in a art exhibition space told me there would be couple of
> solutions for this but both involve buying pretty expensive equipment
> like special DVD players.
>
> I thought then that a solution for this issue could be to have several
> computers on a local network playing video (with GEM) and synchronise
> them via OSC. But I dont have any experience doing such a thing, never
> used OSC for anything similar. Also I dont have a clue about how to
> synchronise together videos.
>
> Has anyone done anything similar? any experiences to share?

yes.
we used a dual-head machine (actually it was a quad-head, so we had
plenty of space for editing...) running a single gemwin covering both
screens and 2 [pix_film]s that were controlled by the same counter.

since Gem allows you frame-accurate access, the 2 videos were in perfect
synch.

fmga.sdr
IOhannes