[PD] floor() in exp

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Feb 25 14:26:45 CET 2008

matteo sisti sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The help patch for expr included in PD vanilla 0.41 points to
> http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~yadegari/expr.html
> where it says:
> """
> All expr family objects support a variety of functions as follows:
> [...]
> floor() largest integral value not greater than argument (added in version 0.4)
> """
>
> However, if I try to use floor() I get a syntax error.
> e.g. [floor($f1)]
>
> Am I missing something?

There is a bug, floor() and ceil() are in the wrong table in the expr
code (the one for 2-arg funcs not the one for 1-arg funcs), or something
similar.

Try floor($f1, 0) and ceil($f1, 0) (the second argument is ignored).

Should be easy to fix, but would break all patches currently using this
workaround...

> In the PD output I can see: "expr, expr~, fexpr~ version 0.4 under GNU
> General Public License" (which is the version in which floor has been
> added according to the abovementioned doc); also, searching the
> archives for the words "expr" and "floor" I encountered a message
> datiing back to 2002 that said that floor and ceil were added.........

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org