[PD] can't see objects Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071230-windowsxp-i386.exe

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Feb 25 17:33:16 CET 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>
>>> Try running pd from a .bat file.
>>> Or fprint(stdout... instead.
>> Using fprint(stdout... in the msys bash shell worked.  It did not
>> work in the CMD.EXE shell window, nothing shows up.   Plus fprint
>> (stderr... doesn't seem to work anywhere. Arg, Windows is a pain...
>
> Windows tcl is a pain because it's not quite the same as unix tcl.
>
>> So now, printing out the Tcl commands shows the "$" in
>> "$text_color", etc. intact, so I guess it's dropping it in Tcl-
>> space...  on that note, I'm going to bed.   Any ideas?
>
> What it seemed like to me was that tcl thinks it's a different
> address space so the variables defined in pd.tk are not recognized.
> If you could get both ends to print out the name of their address
> space it might help.

I am off to LAC so I won't have time to look at this for at least a
week.  If anyone can take a stab, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'll
try again after I am back in New York in the middle of next week.

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf