[PD] [OT] mini-ITX again (Derek Holzer)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Feb 28 08:34:15 CET 2008

Hi Derek,

we are doining a project with mini itx boards here. I have had very bad
experience with different VIA chipset boards (computer noise in the audio
path) so we went for the Intel D201GLY or D201GLY2 (fanless - needs extra
cooling) with a Midiman Audiophile 24/96. It needs a BIOS update to run with
the Midiman card, however. CPU is 1,4 GHz Celeron.
Very clean audio running on a buffer of 64 or 128 samples.

The board has a SIS chipset which really surprised me to work but it
actually did! It also has a better a better performance that VIA boards at
the same CPU speed. On top of it it is the cheapest mini itx board at all.

Ingo