[PD] [OT] mini-ITX again (Derek Holzer)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Feb 28 16:16:39 CET 2008

>Two questions:

>1) On the VIA, was it noise in the audio path of an external soundcard, or
the built-in one? I am planning to use a Delta66 breakout box >in my
project, hopefully to get around this problem.

Unfortunately I did have noise in the external soundcard. Seemed to be PCI
Bus related.

(BTW the internal card we had lots of clicks but none of the computer noise
problems)

>2) For the fanless Intel, what kind of extra cooling did you use?

We are using a case fan that is blowing onto the cooler with fresh air from
outside. Without it the system was overheating and stopped working after a
certain amount of time. However, this might depend on the design of the box
you are using.

Ingo