[PD] [OT] mini-ITX again

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 2 19:49:06 CET 2008

I have installed Ubuntu on an EPIA LN10000EG. The sound card output is
outrageously noisy, on the scope there's a waveform at about 2MHz which
is much louder than the actual audio, but it's mostly filtered out by
the subsequent hardware (audio amp) leaving a residual hiss. It sounds
noisier than an ordinary soundblaster card. I'm using an M-audio Delta
1010 on the PCI slot, which works really well since the audio unit is a
long way from the computer. The board also has an spdif output, which
would naturally be noise-free.

Martin