[PD] [OT] mini-ITX again

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 2 23:07:24 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

only stereo out for the SPDIF without proprietary stuff isn't too good.
But this is a totally normal problem. I haven't touched the 5.1+SPDIF
soundcard in my ShuttleX once since I bought it!

In regards to my question about the DAC+ADC, what I was asking about is
only the converters, which I could plug into the SPDIF, rather than a
complete soundcard. I use the RME Multiface every day for my own work,
and the Delta 66 is the first on my list for a cheap multichannel card,
so I am familiar with both already. But if the Mini-ITX has a digital
out already, and a standalone DAC/ADC unit is available, I would
investigate that.

The logging issue has been discussed here before. The solution is simply
to mount /var on a RAMdisk or similar, espc if the unit isn't online (as
a dedicated installation or sound performance unit might not be) and if
you think you've worked out all the hardware bugs (as HC is still
doing...heh heh) The AudioPint docs mention this as well.

best!
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista