[PD] Google SoC: call for mentors and project ideas

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Mon Mar 3 14:30:20 CET 2008

Hallo!

We discussed at the LAC that we would like to apply again this year for
google's summer of code project, which is about to start today
(http://code.google.com/soc/2008/).

I started a wiki at:
http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/GoogleSummerOfCodeIdeas/
where everyone can put in ideas and wishes.
Of course you can also write your ideas to the mailinglist for
discussion and I will add them afterwards to the wiki.

Every pd developer who wants to support the project but is no student
anymore is invited to join as mentor, since the number of sponsored
projects by google depends on the number of mentors and students.

So please put in your ideas and apply as mentor and student !

One more question:
Who of the mentors would like to make the main communication with google
? Because someone has to fill out the application (the material from
last year is also at
http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/GoogleSummerOfCodeIdeas/ and
http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/SummerOfCode ).
I would suggest Hans or IOhannes or anyone else who wants to spend some
time with it ;)

LG
Georg