[PD] Google SoC: call for mentors and project ideas

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Tue Mar 4 09:55:47 CET 2008

Hallo!

> I'd like to apply for some Mentos.  I like mixed fruit or grape.
> As for Pd, I can't think of something major enough to call for Google
> SoC, but I'll keep thinking.

I think the projects should not be too big. This is maybe something we
can learn from last year. It would be nice to have compact projects
which would be e.g. also manageable by people new to the pd community ...

[...]
> Dunno if that's worth a Summer of Code commission though.  If it is, I
> hope at least one of the mentors will fill out the application as "The
> Freshmaker."

Do you want to apply as student or as mentor ?
I don't know if a "Freshmaker" is suggestive, maybe try to formulate it
in a more compact way with some definitive points which should be done.

Thanks,
LG
Georg