[PD] Wii remote controller and Mac OS X

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Tue Mar 4 19:12:05 CET 2008

Quoting Stefano Papetti <papetti at sci.univr.it>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> when I last checked the mailing list (about 1 year ago...) I remember
> there was a wiiremote external by Hans-Christoph Steiner. However at
> that time I couldn't get it to work.
> Currently, the latest revision from sourceforge
> (http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/wiiremote/)
> seems to be broken (I got it from the logs).
> I'm looking for an external allowing to interface a Wii remote
> controller with pd under Mac OS X (Intel). Is there any reliable way to
> do that?

I have written a wiimote external for linux. Of course the easiest
thing (and probably best too) is to use an existing library that
supports the wiimote on your platform. I don't have a Mac, so I can't
help you with that. But starting from that library, it cannot be very
hard. You should be able to use my external as a starting point and
rewrite the parts that need the wii library on your platform.

If you do, it would be nice to keep in touch. It would be nice if the
PD interface works the same way on both platforms.

BTW. I'll put a 0.2 version of my library online next week. I'll have
concert with some wii's at the end of the week and found a bit of room
for improvement.

Regards,

yvan