[PD] parallel processing

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:26:47 CET 2008

isn't the problem of pd right now, that the audio chain can't be chopped
into different threads?
if the pd audio chain would support threads for every object, would it
be as easy as to add a (or some) line(s) of code for every dsp object?
is it correct that some soundcards compute part of the audio chain on
the soundchip? which parts?
I only ask out of interest, I would not be able to implement any of the
solutions :(, so feel free to ignore the questions, if you think this is
more a developer discussion and to much theoretical right now...
marius.