[PD] Pduino and the AD5206 digital potentiometer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 5 16:50:27 CET 2008

I am unlikely to write software for that chip unless I have a use for
it.  But a firmware supporting it sounds useful.  Firmata is an
Arduino library, so the easiest route would probably make a dedicated
firmware for that chip then use the Firmata to handle the
communications.

.hc

On Mar 5, 2008, at 4:43 AM, nick burge wrote:

> I got my AD206 chip as a free sample from analog devices
> http://www.analog.com/commerce/index.html
> It would be great to have support within Firmata for SPI - (serial
> peripheral interface) allowing control over this digital
> potentiometer or other devices and sensors that work with that
> protocol when connected to an arduino.
> Could it possibly work to simply copy sections of the code from the
> arduino tutorial into the firmata firmware , first the definitions,
> then the void setup section and then the write_pot(0,0) command to
> control the device into the loop section.? As you can tell I have
> little idea how to do this.
> Nick.

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams