[PD] Pduino and the AD5206 digital potentiometer

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 5 17:05:48 CET 2008

A lot of chips use SPI (DACs, EEPROMs, etc.). It would be good to have a
function that sends/receives SPI bytes, but it's complicated because there
are 4 different modes based on the clock polarity and the clock active edge.
Also you would need to specify which three pins (data in, data out and
clock) to use. I think it would be easier to just program the Arduino to do
SPI (there's already a library for it) and use [comport] to transfer data
to/from pd. That is, have a generic way of sending data between pd and
arduino, but program the arduino for the specific hardware. It might be
possible to use OSC over the serial connection, for instance.

Martin