[PD] Pduino and the AD5206 digital potentiometer

nick burge tectp at telefonica.net
Wed Mar 5 19:08:30 CET 2008

With some trial and error I've managed to edit the firmata firmware to
control the chip as attached here. On Arduino you can only use digital pins
10,11,12 and 13 for  SPI... slave select, data out, data in and spiclock.
Since Firmata uses pin 13 to flash its version number there was a bit of
jostling to sort out, removing that command from the void setup section,
because otherwise it continues to print the version number constantly when
you go into the loop.
So now I have the AD5206 tutorial patch running within Firmata, which is
fun. It would be more fun and potentially creative however to have the
commands sent by PD...is that very difficult to do? Any clues anybody?
Nick

  _____