[PD] Pduino and the AD5206 digital potentiometer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 5 21:11:54 CET 2008

Nice work!  I imagine that it must be possible to have the SPI-
specific messages sent via Firmata.  I don't have a clear picture of
what all is needed.  But if there are specific message types needed,
then there is plenty of room in the protocol to add SPI messages.
For example, we just added Servo messages in an alpha version.

.hc

On Mar 5, 2008, at 1:08 PM, nick burge wrote:

> With some trial and error I've managed to edit the firmata firmware
> to control the chip as attached here. On Arduino you can only use
> digital pins 10,11,12 and 13 for  SPI... slave select, data out,
> data in and spiclock. Since Firmata uses pin 13 to flash its
> version number there was a bit of jostling to sort out, removing
> that command from the void setup section, because otherwise it
> continues to print the version number constantly when you go into
> the loop.
> So now I have the AD5206 tutorial patch running within Firmata,
> which is fun. It would be more fun and potentially creative however
> to have the commands sent by PD...is that very difficult to do? Any
> clues anybody?
> Nick

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf