[PD] Lua and PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 6 14:30:53 CET 2008

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> me too, really excited to see lua signal processing in pd. since graham
> wakefield is involved I guess it will be similar to the max version?

Yes, it's practically the same objectclass. For now it's called
[vessel~] instead of [lua~] but that might change.

> are you planning a native texteditor support from within pd.
> I saw texteditors that pop up when you double cklick an object for
> example for the cyclone coll object. something like this (... syntax
> highlighting???).

I won't do this: The tk-editor is not very usable and other
editor widgets would add dependencies I'd like to avoid. Most people
will want to use their favourite editor anyway.

Maybe it's possible to use os.execute() in scripts on your own to
start an editor, but it also may introduce platform issues.

> auto updating of scripts when they are changed and saved would be nice, too.

That could be useful, but it's not high on my todo list for now.

Ciao