[PD] how to get plugin~ to work on windows with LADSPA plugins?

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 20:24:41 CET 2008

I'm trying to use LADSPA plugins with PD on windows... I've got the most recent pd-extended package installed, Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC8.

I figure I need to tell it the path to the ladspa dlls (I'm using ones that came with Audacity for now), and give it the correct parameters. I copied a plugin (sc4.dll) to the pd bin folder and the extras folder, as I expect pd/plugin~ looks in those places..

E.g. would "plugin~ sc4 sc4.dll" be the correct thing to type to get it to load the sc4 compressor plugin?

Is it possible to use LADSPA plugins on windows? If so, I'd really appreciate someone telling me how... if I get this working maybe I'll update the pure-data.info wiki with the details..

thanks in advance
Rua HM.