[PD] how to get plugin~ to work on windows with LADSPA plugins?

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:59:44 CET 2008

Thanks for the tips.. I tried the absolute path, with / slashes (pd doesn't allow \ slashes, understandable), and I also tried setting LADSPA_PATH (no spaces in the path by the way!), and setting LADSPA_PATH with unix slash (/), all to no avail. When I look in the console however I see the following output:

load_object: Symbol "plugin_tilde_setup" not found
load_object: Symbol "setup_plugin0x7e" not found
 plugin~ sc4 sc4.dll
... couldn't create

So perhaps something is wrong with the setup of the [plugin~] object itself? I installed from the pd-extended package, nothing custom yet, maybe I should get source code and see about compiling it on windows myself...

Anyway does anyone know the meaning of the load_object messages, and how I might fix/workaround?

thanks
Rua HM.

[sorry for the top-post, the new yahoo mail doesn't seem to have the same re: behaviour as before..]