[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Fri Mar 7 02:28:49 CET 2008

hey,

i was talking to a Portuguese musician tonight (Miguel Cardoso is his name)
and he was saying that he thought that Pd sounded much better than Max - a
fuller sound with the oscillators, he said.

i hadn't really thought about this before, but i do know that to my ears my
Pd patches sound a lot richer than most Max/MSP stuff that I've heard - not
sure whether that's my source material or patches or whether it's at a
deeper architectural level than that.

anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, to confirm this? reasons
why this might be the case?

damian stewart | +351 967 797 263 | damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz