[PD] Google SoC: call for mentors and project ideas

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 7 17:34:16 CET 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 2:59 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:
>> Shall we apply as Pure Data this time?  I am ok to apply as IEM
>
> Yes, I think we should do it as Pure Data, as discussed in Cologne ...
>
>> again, but it just seems that most projects apply as the project
>> rather than as another institution.  Does anyone want to be the
>> GSoC  admin on this?
>
> Could you do this ? It needs to be done before March 12.

I can do it.  Last time I think Wini did it.  Is he participating
this time?  Also, I added a couple project ideas to the list:

PDaExtended: build externals for PDa in the same style as Pd-extended
so that patches written for Pd-extended will work on PDa.

WiiRemote: create cross-platform wiiremote object following the
[hidio]? message scheme

WacomIO: create cross-platform Wacom tablet object following the
[hidio]? message scheme

.hc

> Therefore you will need a list of the mentors I think. So far are
> IOhannes, Andy Farnell, Chris McCormick and you - anyone else ?
>
> I added some more project ideas to http://puredata.info/dev/summer-
> of-code/GoogleSummerOfCodeIdeas/ and also some old ones.
>
> LG
> Georg

----

publicity.          - Bill Moyers