[PD] vbap define_loudspeakers messages

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 7 17:45:12 CET 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 9:20 AM, robcanning wrote:

> Derek Holzer wrote:
>> On another note, something I've never liked about vbap is this "hole
>> in the middle" problem. Pan a sound from left to right through the
>> middle of your "room", rather than around the edge of the circle.
>> Hear
>> how everything jumps from left to right when you cross the zero point
>> at the middle? That's the part I hate. I guess it's the inherent
>> problem with cartesian vs polar coordinate systems.
>>
>> best,
>> d.
>>
> i wonder are there any ports of any of these objects around
> http://www.maxobjects.com/?request=surround
>
> vbapan~ seems to allow either cartesian or polar coordinate systems

They are listed there as pd extenrals also, try it out.  If there is
source, it's usually pretty easy to port Max externals to Pd.  There
are some ambi ones there too.

http://www.maxobjects.com/?
v=libraries&id_library=116&requested=surround&operateur=&id_plateforme=

There are also ambisonic externals from IEM and Jasch, for better
spatialization.

----