[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:59:36 CET 2008

hmm, sine waves are one kind of sound, but musical pieces use more than
sinewave generators. if there are really technical and software related
dsp differences in max and pd then you would find them more in other
objects. the wavetable readers could be different (type of
interpolation...) the oversampling techniques could be different, noise
generators could be different, internal float precision could make a big
difference.
on the hardware side: da converters can make a difference. (is it
overall true that pd runs on cheaper hardware, using cheaper
digital-analog converters creating a richer, more distorted sound?).
max could use additional filter magic that we don't know of (no source
code available...).
marius.