[PD] also some pd-music

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Sun Mar 9 02:01:31 CET 2008

Hi.

I have put a recording from yesterday's performance online. Music for
<QT>, the quartertone organ from the logos foundation. It's a live
recording (and video) from the first performance. Just for those
people who are interested in the things pd is used for.

About the use of pd:

Parts of the music are controled by 2 Wii's, using my own wiimote
external. The music itself is completely programmed in pd, with some
extra externals i'll put online when I've dome some more work on them.
For example all rhythms come out of a database with things I played on
piano. PD selects the rhythms during performance according to several
rules.

The first minute of the performance is not audible on this movie. The
wii's adjust the speed of the organ's windblower, but that's a bit too
silent for my video-camera. (The audience could hear it though.)

Last remark: it's quartertone music, it's not out of tune. :-)

Find it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwrcH8U2dR8

Regards,

yvan

--
if (argc > 1 && strcmp(argv[1], "-advice") == 0) { printf("Don't Panic!\n");
exit(42); }